Aterian (NASDAQ: ATER) is a rapidly growing technology-enabled consumer products company that uses machine learning, natural language processing, and data analytics to design, develop, market and sell products through online retail channels (e.g. Amazon, Walmart, etc). Aterian was founded on the premise that if a company selling consumer packaged goods was founded today, it would apply artificial intelligence and machine learning, the synthesis of massive quantities of data and the use of social proof to validate high caliber product offerings as opposed to over-reliance on brand value and other traditional marketing tactics.
As a full-stack engineer you will be working closely with your team to build AIMEE™ (AI Aterian E-commerce Engine), a next generation E-commerce platform that enables growth of our owned and operated consumer product brands.
Your opinions matter, we are a highly efficient agile team that is well connected to move things forward together. We use .NET Core on Azure and have a distributed architecture using microservices, Kubernetes, Spark, Kafka, Hyperscale and much more. We work in the rapidly changing space of E-commerce, stretching the limitations of technology on a daily-basis. We’re a global group with talented teams working in New York, Seattle, Krakow, L'viv, Montreal and Tel Aviv.
- Develop software applications for the business that incorporate sales, marketing, fulfillment, and product research data while leveraging ML forecasting
- Iterative development of data and business driven MVPs
- Knowledge sharing, paired programming, and participating in code reviews to deliver high quality software
- Passionate in solving complex problems and filling gaps to deliver solutions
- Proficiency in troubleshooting software bugs and technical issues
- Communicate and collaborate effectively via video conferencing for meetings, technical reviews and onsite delivery activities.
- Frontend: React.js, CSS/JSS, TypeScript, responsive design, testing (e.g. Cypress, Jest, Jasmine, Enzyme, etc), Webpack, CSS Framework (e.g. Antd)
- Backend: RESTful services, SQL, OOP language (C#/Java), .NET Core, Docker, Kubernetes
- Design: Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), Domain-Driven Design (DDD), CQRS and Event-Driven Design, Microservices and distributed system, Design Patterns, Test-Driven Design (TDD).
- Process: Worked in an agile environment (eg: Scrum), best practices in Git Flow, and Continuous Integration / Delivery (Terraform / Ansible / Jenkins / Azure DevOps). Participation in all software development life cycles: architecture, design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance.
- Culture: Desire to learn, strong critical thinking and research, passionate, balance between quality and productivity, autonomous and task owner, team player, knows well, good communicator, and professional.
- Education: Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience